Westmorland RDA Group Ltd Carriage Driving Group provides opportunities for people with disabilities to experience and learn how to carriage drive. It’s an opportunity for all to experience a new sport, the beauty of the countryside and make new friends.
The Group is looking for enthusiastic pairs of hands to help out with their carriage driving sessions.
Would you like to learn a new skill, utilise an existing one or just have fun? We need people to help:
- Groom and harness the pony
- Set out equipment in the field
- Tack cleaning
- Assist with the drive
- Cake and coffee maker
- Get grubby for a day – maintenance, painting, varnishing
- Carriage driving Instructor
- Collecting session money and organising rotas
The Group meets every Thursday morning during the summer (weather permitting). If you would like to join in the fun or just come and see what we do, please contact:
Jenny Harris on 01539 731977